DeadZone
    CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   GamesGames Section   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
Log inLog in  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages

Games in General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Cassidy

Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces
Style: DesertStorm (492)
Total Words: 30,358

canada.gif ontario.gif
PostPosted: Sun February 17 14:30:00 GMT 2008    Post subject:  Games in General Reply with quote

Recently, I've been getting a few PM's regarding the way certain games behave. More specifically, if they don't save a score when folks think they should or if they produce bizarre errors.

Please remember, I did not write any of these games so their behaviour is, more often than not, completely out of my control.

There are instances when the Activity Mod (the add-on we use here for the game section) does something it shouldn't such as giving a message "Guests are not allowed to Submit a Score" and there are times when I've setup the scores going forward when they should be reversed. These are things I can fix. However, if you're playing a game and it doesn't save your score OR if it behaves in a way you think it shouldn't, then I'll investigate it but chances are very good that I cannot fix it.

If I had the tools to do so (and most of these cost in excess of $100 each) then I could most likely correct their behaviour. But, I don't have the $$$ to invest in order to fix 4 or 5 games out of 1,005. Sorry everyone, I know it can be really frustrating to play a game, think your score will be saved and then it mysteriously vanishes. If I could fix the problems, I would.

Keep bringing the games that act in a way that they shouldn't (Pengu LE for example) and I'll certainly do my best to either find a correctly functioning replacement or delete the game altogether.

Thanks.
Bill Cassidy is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Knewlove

Zodiac: Aquarius
Total Words: 1,893

canada.gif blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed March 5 2:28:34 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Games in General Reply with quote

Hi Painkiller bow.gif You asked us to bring it to your attention when games we come across are corrupted so I made note of them. The following is a list of games that unfortunately either do not work properly or do not open at all:

« Differences »

« Starwars »

« Trojan Guard »

« Marvin Bowling »

« Taz Bungee »

« Stunts »

« Clock Game »

« Heli Attack 3 »

« Mahjong A »

« Battlefield 2 » (There are two, one works one doesn't - this one doesn't - Time Played: Un-Recorded Played: 99 times. Filesize: 2565 kb. Category: Gun 'em Down

« Seal Ball »

« Zombie Storm »
Knewlove is offline View user's profile Send private message
Bill Cassidy

Site Admin

canada.gif ontario.gif
PostPosted: Wed March 5 8:24:31 GMT 2008    Post subject:  Re: re: Games in General Reply with quote

Knewlove wrote:
The following is a list of games that unfortunately either do not work properly or do not open at all

Nicely done, Knewlove! Thank you for doing this, I really appreciate it.

I'll either replace the games you noted with ones that do work or, if I can't locate a replacement, delete them off the server.
Bill Cassidy is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Knewlove

canada.gif blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed March 5 11:27:18 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Games in General Reply with quote

np icon_smile2.gif
Knewlove

canada.gif blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun April 6 10:48:47 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Games in General Reply with quote

For some reason I am unable to open « Top That » and « Picnic Panic » under Flash Arcade 1 Page 2. All I get is a white screen.
I had no problem opening them before. Any ideas?
Bill Cassidy

Site Admin

canada.gif ontario.gif
PostPosted: Sat April 12 3:32:05 GMT 2008    Post subject:  Re: re: Games in General Reply with quote

Knewlove wrote:
I had no problem opening them before. Any ideas?

Should be working now.
Knewlove

canada.gif blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat April 12 7:06:37 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Games in General Reply with quote

Yup, you're right banana.gif Thanks PK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DeadZone Forum Index -> Gaming Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: