DeadZone
    CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   GamesGames Section   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
Log inLog in  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages

help questions on the tourney

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kidkat

Zodiac: Libra
Style: DesertStorm (492)
Total Words: 927

usa.gif newjersey.gif
PostPosted: Wed September 5 12:05:31 GMT 2007    Post subject:  help questions on the tourney Reply with quote

This is my first attempt at a tourney, so help an old hag out..lolol

how many games do you get to play when in a tourney??...

It said I had 2..does that mean only 2 attempts to throw, or 2 sessions without leaving the game

Is there a time limit???

I just went to my first game, the caravan toss, I got a score of 412, it said I didn't beat my current high score so no record was kept, and it says I have 0 left to play in it
Kidkat is offline View user's profile Send private message
Bill Cassidy

Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces
Total Words: 30,358

canada.gif ontario.gif
PostPosted: Thu September 6 3:00:58 GMT 2007    Post subject:  Re: help questions on the tourney Reply with quote

Kidkat wrote:
This is my first attempt at a tourney, so help an old hag out..lolol

Hey, it's my first time too so be gentle! icon_cool.gif

Kidkat wrote:
how many games do you get to play when in a tourney??...

I did have it set for 2 but that seemed a bit low. I ended the current tournies and set the number of plays to 3. This is where I need everyone's help... how many turns do you think would be a good number?

Kidkat wrote:
It said I had 2..does that mean only 2 attempts to throw, or 2 sessions without leaving the game

You have 2 turns per game. Since there's 8 games, you have a total of 16 turns in the current tournament. Of course, now it's 3 turns per game so there's a total of 24 games before you can no longer play.

Kidkat wrote:
Is there a time limit???

Good question. I set the current time limit to be 7 days from the date it started. We can make it 14 if that'd be better? Or, we can leave it open and I'll end it whenever. What does everyone think?

Kidkat wrote:
I just went to my first game, the caravan toss, I got a score of 412, it said I didn't beat my current high score so no record was kept, and it says I have 0 left to play in it

The scores are a bit misleading as the Mod is looking at the overall total scores. So, if Joe Blow got 10,000 six months ago, it thinks he has the high score. That's something I'd like to see changed cos currently, you only know who's got the high score if you look in the Tournament itself. The "0" left to play means you used all your turns. You won't be able to re-enter the game as there's no link when your turns are up.

Any thoughts about this thing folks? The author is set to release it soon and I'd like to get any suggestions into him as soon as possible. Your comments are extremely helpful, so don't be shy about putting your two cents worth in.

icon_elkgrin.gif
Bill Cassidy is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brad-sd

Zodiac: Taurus
Total Words: 640

usa.gif california.gif
PostPosted: Thu September 6 17:08:27 GMT 2007    Post subject:  Re: help questions on the tourney Reply with quote

Painkiller wrote:

The scores are a bit misleading as the Mod is looking at the overall total scores. So, if Joe Blow got 10,000 six months ago, it thinks he has the high score. That's something I'd like to see changed cos currently, you only know who's got the high score if you look in the Tournament itself. The "0" left to play means you used all your turns. You won't be able to re-enter the game as there's no link when your turns are up.

Any thoughts about this thing folks? The author is set to release it soon and I'd like to get any suggestions into him as soon as possible. Your comments are extremely helpful, so don't be shy about putting your two cents worth in. icon_elkgrin.gif

I think it would be good if there was a way to see the current tournament scores. From what I can tell, you don't know what you are shooting for; You do your best and hope it's enough. I think knowing what you need to score would increase the competitive factor.

The problem I see is with games like "Caravan Toss". You can play all day long until you get the high score. Not really in the spirit of a tournament. Games like "tire toss" are perfect because you are required to submit your score after each valid toss. Your skill at a particular game becomes vitally important.

I'm curious if the mod records a turn when the game is opened or when the score is submitted. If it's recorded when the score is submitted, players can exploit this by closing the game without submitting when they do poorly.

I also think the duration of the tournament should be clearly posted somewhere. I think of it like an auction. Tournament strategies can be developed based on how many turns you have remaining and much time is left.

One last item... I'm not clear on how the tournament winner is determined. The distance Torunament stated that Painkiller was the winner. Is this based on total wins of individual games or some other combined score or point system. Does consistency account for anything? For instance, if player A finishes first in two games and last in the other five, would he finish the tournament ahead of player B who won one game and finished second in the other six?

Sorry, too many questions. But I like the torunament concept.

I hope my thoughts make sense.
Brad-sd is offline View user's profile Send private message
Kidkat

usa.gif newjersey.gif
PostPosted: Thu September 6 17:20:31 GMT 2007    Post subject:  re: help questions on the tourney Reply with quote

I had no idea of when the tourney actually started...I kept waiting for all the entry slots to be filled...I think we should be told when they actually start..

I think 5 games would be a good number, hell it takes me three games just to remember what to do...lolol

Perhaps the scores involved in the tourney games could be reset back to zero, at least then it would have a current record
Kidkat

usa.gif newjersey.gif
PostPosted: Thu September 6 18:46:34 GMT 2007    Post subject:  re: help questions on the tourney Reply with quote

I think I need a few painkillers..

I just tried to participate in Part II of the distance tourney (why I have no idea..lolol), and it says it is full...Full of what???... I only see two players are in it, Painkiller, and Brad
Bill Cassidy

Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces
Total Words: 30,358

canada.gif ontario.gif
PostPosted: Thu September 6 22:20:20 GMT 2007    Post subject:  re: help questions on the tourney Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies about the Tourney everyone. I'll send your ideas on to the Game Author.

Kidkat: I made a mistake when creating the tournament and only allowed two players. Now fixed. icon_redface.gif
Bill Cassidy is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DeadZone Forum Index -> Gaming Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: