DeadZone
    CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   GamesGames Section   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
Log inLog in  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages

Scoring Exploit - Warning

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Cassidy

Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces
Style: DesertStorm (492)
Total Words: 30,358

canada.gif ontario.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 16 0:30:00 GMT 2008    Post subject: Warning ! Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

Currently, there is an exploit floating around the net which shows how any user can post any score he or she wishes.

I've run Deadzone for 7 years and have tried to provide folks with a safe, fun place to play some half-decent games for free. No annoying advertisements to generate any revenue for myself and no whiney "please donate" $$$ messages. I have only asked that people treat the site (and me) with the same respect as I have tried to show them.

Most here are good, decent folks and likely haven't even heard of this exploit.

With that in mind, I'll issue this warning once, and once only.

If I suspect someone is cheating or using any type of exploit, they will be banned immediately and I will not allow them back no matter what reasons are given as an excuse. The system extensively LOGS every single movement in each game and I will be examining these logs on a daily basis to track down anyone using the exploit. I will not allow everyone's fun here to be ruined by one or two people.

---
If you have any concerns about this, please send me a PM.
Bill Cassidy is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grumbles

Zodiac: Scorpio
Total Words: 863

uk.gif blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 17 13:57:10 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

I often wondered how some people on another game site I used to visit managed to post unbelievable high-scores?
First time I have ever heard of this Exploit thing and hopefully the last. If this gets out there into all the game sites, it could
invariably shut down this place and most others ranting.gif ranting.gif

I really enjoy having some fun here, because thats all it is FUN and know that everyone else here would agree that we should do our best to protect this site and report any suspicious scores to Painkiller asap smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Cheers PK for the Heads up.

G
Grumbles is offline View user's profile Send private message
Bill Cassidy

Site Admin

canada.gif ontario.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 17 16:11:06 GMT 2008    Post subject:  Re: re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

Grumbles wrote:
First time I have ever heard of this Exploit thing and hopefully the last. If this gets out there into all the game sites, it could invariably shut down this place and most others

That's why I posted the warning cos it's being circulated quite widely. The guy who found the exploit sent me the code/method to do it and I pleaded with him not to make it public until a fix was found. But, in his words, "People deserve to know the truth" and he's posting the exploit on some heavily trafficed game boards. In other words, he wants to be known as the guy who brought down all the free game boards. And that's what really disgusts me.

Rest assured, if I suspect someone is using the exploit Grumbles, they'll be kicked so fast, it'll make their head spin.
Bill Cassidy is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bill Cassidy

Site Admin

canada.gif ontario.gif
PostPosted: Sat May 17 16:18:05 GMT 2008    Post subject:  Re: re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

Grumbles wrote:
we should do our best to protect this site and report any suspicious scores to Painkiller asap

Exactly - couldn't have said it better myself.

If you or anyone else sees anything that looks even slightly out of whack, please PM me or send me an email at bill.cassidy@gmail.com
Soulwhispers

Zodiac: Sagittarius
Total Words: 1,122

uk.gif blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 29 9:46:48 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

Hi I love this site and play on here everyday,as you might have seen lol.I am unable to go out much as of my bad health so this is my home away from home if you know what i mean.Also when my hubby is on his x box i sit on my little laptop trying to get the scores. I love how most of the games actually work and so many of them are my favourites.i have heard of people looking on the internet for cheat codes from another site i used to use and this is very disheartning when you sit there for hours trying to beat a score which in reality is impossible.You are doing a wonderful job and i thank you for this site and the time you must spend keeping it going.
Soulwhispers is offline View user's profile Send private message
Kidkat

Zodiac: Libra
Total Words: 927

usa.gif newjersey.gif
PostPosted: Thu May 29 20:51:15 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

I have no idea what an exploit is, are you willing to tell me
Kidkat is offline View user's profile Send private message
Soulwhispers

uk.gif blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri May 30 12:15:05 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

I think it means cheating,getting silly hi scores which in reality are impossible.
Grumbles

uk.gif blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed June 4 17:08:05 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

Some of the All time high scores look impossible. Can you not reset these too?
Bill Cassidy

Site Admin

canada.gif ontario.gif
PostPosted: Thu June 5 5:42:35 GMT 2008    Post subject:  Re: re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

Grumbles wrote:
Some of the All time high scores look impossible. Can you not reset these too?

For which games?
Grumbles

uk.gif blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu June 5 15:38:34 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

« Fallout »
Fallout - Popup Mouse
Play - Same Window
Add To Favorites
Best Score of All Time
MissyAnne
with a score of 99,999,999.9999

I will get Soulwhispers to help get a list and we will list them.
taz.gif
Soulwhispers

uk.gif blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu June 5 17:28:25 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

Yes i must agree with Grumbles on this,some of the all time high scores are impossible to beat and also some of the high scores,one which comes to mind at this moment is ......AIR ATTACK2.....when you first start playing the game it says there are 350 planes to kill so assuming that 350 is the top score as i got 325 and grumbles 340.So how come the all time high score by Kidkat is 588??.I shall be looking at scores as i go through and let you know of others which seem impossible.It's such a shame that people have to cheat to be top as this is for fun not an ego trip.
Kidkat

usa.gif newjersey.gif
PostPosted: Thu June 5 17:43:30 GMT 2008    Post subject:  Re: re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

Soulwhispers wrote:
Yes i must agree with Grumbles on this,some of the all time high scores are impossible to beat and also some of the high scores,one which comes to mind at this moment is ......AIR ATTACK2.....when you first start playing the game it says there are 350 planes to kill so assuming that 350 is the top score as i got 325 and grumbles 340.So how come the all time high score by Kidkat is 588??.I shall be looking at scores as i go through and let you know of others which seem impossible.It's such a shame that people have to cheat to be top as this is for fun not an ego trip.

Don't ask me, I just kept shooting...I do know of a few gliches that a couple of games have that can let you get a high score, but it ain't cheating...lol
Kidkat

usa.gif newjersey.gif
PostPosted: Thu June 5 18:00:26 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

For the record, I did get one of those 99 billion plus scores once and it was done legit..I bet all of the 13 billion I had, and I won, only problem was the game didn't go high enough to give me more that than amount, it stopped there and didn't go any higher...So once in a while they really are are legit...
Bill Cassidy

Site Admin

canada.gif ontario.gif
PostPosted: Fri June 6 5:32:48 GMT 2008    Post subject:  Re: re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

Grumbles wrote:
« Fallout »

Hrmmm.... that's normally caused by a game error. Reset. Please let me know of any others.
Grumbles

uk.gif blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun June 8 15:02:58 GMT 2008    Post subject:  re: Scoring Exploit - Warning Reply with quote

Here is one - 2D Memory. Top score 11,705 in 4mins, 2nd place 962 in 3mins. It is a major jump in scores for a simple card memory game? How is this possible.
No discrimination here against the top scorer smile.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DeadZone Forum Index -> Gaming Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: